“I’m a bikini competitor. I feel leaner and look better but the scale!!!”
“I’m in prep but the scale isn’t moving”
“I’ve been dieting but the scale went up 2 pounds”
Do you weigh yourself and find that you your mood changes based on the numbers?
Day after day, I hear this from my clients!
No one weighs you on stage, No one weighs you and judges you in your normal life.
You must get your mind set correct if you are going to be successful here!
If you grew up looking to the scale for reinforcement of your total skinniness , the scale will let you down every time! Here’s what I have to say to you because I care, but mostly because you are SMART and won’t be falling for this crap any longer.
10. Understand that your mom was WRONG. Getting on the scale every day
“just to keep things in check.” is not real information. Water, hormones, sodium, the wind blowing sideways can alter the number on the scale. It’s NOT accurate.
YOUR SCALE IS A FRENEMY!
9. If you can move your scale to another part of the room and you weigh lighter.. um… NO. I always feel better but it’s not real. Just the same as if you step on it more than once and it’s either heavier or lighter.. toss that scale. This is doing you no favors unless you like fake friends.
YOUR BODY HAS WORK TO DO SO QUIT COMPLAINING THAT IT DOES IT.
8. Your body can normally fluctuate up to 6 pounds a day, just by normal daily functioning. Digesting?? Nourishing, flushing.. and if you hydrate.. scale up…Go pee, it’s down Eat food.. lawdy don’t get on the scale after a meal… Whatever. Let it do it’s job!!
7. WATER IS THE B THAT COMES BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR SCALE.
7. Water will mess you UP! Six ounces of water can show as a POUND on the scale.
If you are bloated, or dry, it will show. Think about boxers who sweat for hours just to “make weight”. Are they truly lighter or just dehydrated. That’s not accurate? So now it is actually JUST A NUMBER (ps. drink your water.. 1 gallon spring. I said so).
6. FLEXIBLE DIETERS EAT CARBS BECAUSE YOU NEED TO EAT THEM!
You do not get the luxury of building lean mass without a surplus of carbs. If you have been starving yourself
then begin to eat carbs stay off the scale. Carbs by nature pull moisture into the muscle. Dry muscles don’t grow. It’s science. You will have more muscle, but be leaner, and smaller so eat and get lean. The scale is for chumps.
Oh, my client Jax,above, reversed up to almost 400g carbs per day. She did most of her 12 week prep there. Last 2 weeks over 200g carbs a day. Who cares what the scale said. Ripped.
CELEBS STARVE BECAUSE THEY ARE PAID TO SO THEY LOOK NORMAL ON HUGE SCREENS.
5.People magazine shows me how to be movie star skinny. Weighing less doesn’t mean you look good. I SAID IT. Starving to say “I just want to be skinny” means that you have no muscle tone. It means that you are going to look drawn and crackly. Muscle is the fountain of youth. SkinnySkinny= metabolism is crap. Having muscle, your metabolism is like a rocket ship. That real housewives, skinny scare crow look is not cute. It’s’ yucky. People magazine is the first to turn on you too. “Look how skinny SHE looks!”, then 2 years later, “Look how fat she is.”! Stop listening to People Magazine. Kardashians are NOT role models. PS. Many Hollywood leading men are dwarfs so actresses have to be tiny. That’s not YOUR world.
SKINNY FAT MAKES ZERO SENSE.
4. Well, you low carbed it up or lost a bunch of weight but did you lose muscle too? Did you regain your weight right back with some extra pounds? Have you done that more than once? Crash dieting to see a ‘certain’ number means you’re going to rebound hard! No one has time for that! Adding muscle will ensure you keep a youthful, healthy, supple body and you can eat without fear of gaining! Muscle = awesome metabolism.
CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR PHYSIQUE
3 Change your mindset first. Pitch your scale and look in the mirror. Track your own progress with selfies. Each week you can ascertain if what you are doing is working or you need to tweak.
Once you are free from that number, you are free to lift weights and get smaller. Clients who FREAK out and run back to the elipitcal have a great surprise when they realize that they can lift heavy and burn more calories and body fat. They will look better and rock a tight bod. Selfies will reinforce progress!! Do IT. Say no to the treadmill. Lift heavy 4-5 days a week for 45 min. Do it.
I said so.
THIS IS SCIENCE. QUIT PLAYIN LIKE YOU KNOW MORE THAN SCIENCE.
2. Muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat. One pound of muscle or fat is still a pound but, that pound of muscle is smaller and TIGHT and more DENSE . Girls who are smart enough to WANT to gain muscle will win because they will slide into their clothes like they are dipped in butter. Muscle burns more calories than fat!
When you get on the scale and see that you are the same or higher weight, don’t complain because, girl you are now rocking smaller pants.
YOU ARE SMART AND YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN A STUPID NUMBER.
1. The scale doesn’t determine your worth. If you look at your body as a sculpture. What would you like to fix? Having belly fat doesn’t make you less of the amazing person you are. But if you have belly fat and want to fix that, stop making it personal. Problem solve it. You figured out how to fix a leaky faucet. It wasn’t personal. Neither is the work you want to do on your self. Numbers, are just numbers, inaccurate or accurate. who cares. You don’t win an award for numbers on the scale. It has NO effect on who you are.
Ditch your scale. Get your food right. Train hard with heavy weights 4-5 times a week.
I can help you if you need assistance in any of these areas!!