Omgoodness.. every day I get email after email about the scale!
Stop with the scale already! I totally understand but it’s time to get over it!
The scale is not an accurate representation of body composition.
Oh,. remember last week when this happened to me?
In case you missed my last two years of blogs about why the scale is dumb and if you have too many committments to go look them up.. here’s a recap.
1. Water will show on the scale. Six ounces of water “can” show up to a pound on the scale. You body is made of water so figure that out.
2. Eating carbs puts moisture into the muscle (good thing). See number 1.
3. Hormones will make the scale shift.
4. Your body weight fluctuates on the scale up to 6 times daily.
5. Biggest Loser weigh-ins are TV! They are dehydrated, they pee blood and have kidney issues from sitting in saunas for 4 hours a day. This is NOT real. You need to eat and train to lose body fat! Science said so!
To gain weight (fat) you need a surplus of calories and 3600 calories will equal a pound.
If you want to lose weight (bodyfat) you will need to be in a deficit of the same 3600 calories. (less food or exercise ) Calories matter.
So having some salt and gaining 3 actual pounds is NOT possible.
NO SCALE FEBRUARY CHALLANGE
My goal for this month is to create “No Scale February” or “Self-uary”.
This challenge is very simple to do. I wonder how many of you can complete it without cheating.
1. Begin with a set of selfies or have someone shoot your beginning pics. Front, side, and back shots are best!
2. Measure your waist, hips and abs and write that down.
If you need help with these things visit my “How to measure tutorial”.
3. Commit to your macros and your water each and every day.
4. Train 4-5x a week consistently.
On February 14 and 28 repeat numbers 1 and two.
You will use your collage app to see your side by side comparisons.
We will check back with selfies at the end of the month for results.
If you are see your body changing and your clothes are fitting better, what difference is the scale? No one ever, at any time will ask you what you weigh. No on stage, not on a date. It’s not important. It’s NOT important.
You must NOT, no matter what.. abandon this challenge. If you binge drink on Mardi Gras, get right back to your plan. If you eat candy Valentines Day, get back on your plan. No scales, just day to day successes.
My hope is that without the stress of the impending weigh in you can focus your energy on positive steps toward your physique goals.
If you still don’t know about the scale.. read my posts here
If you want me to see your selfies for accountability: You can drop them here.