I’m a macros coach. I do not give out meal plans. I used to give out meal plans. I’ve had coaches who gave me meal plans. I’m over it!
Reasons you want a meal plan.
1. You want to have someone else tell you what to eat.
2. You don’t want to have to “think about it”.
3. You’re too busy to take the time to figure it out.
Trust me, I’ve heard this before..
Reasons you don’t need a meal plan
- You are a grown up. You do not need another person to tell you what to eat. Here’s a thought.. Stop asking other people what to eat.
- How long is it until you are bored, or want to go to dinner? Then you will have to ‘think about it”.
- We are all busy. People who are busier than you, do macro counting successfully. They didn’t pass their own health and physique goals to someone else. Accountability is a pretty awesome thing.Ok.. now let me tell you the secrets of clients past.Ellen wants a meal plan. I did her macros, wrote it out and handed it to her.
Oh no, Ellen hates something I put on the menu. What can she have instead?
Congratulations, Ellen.. you are now on your way to macro counting. It’s easy to swap food on IIFYM.Mary Jo is too busy to think about her diet plan. I hand her a meal plan that I created based on all the foods she likes and 5 meals a day.
Oh no.. Mary Jo had to go out of town and didn’t have her food packed.. she doesn’t know what to eat.
Wait, she also ate Meal 4 at noon so she doesn’t know what to eat now? Should she eat Meal 5 then stop eating at 3pm? OMGosh.. it’s so confusing. With macro counting.. you eat what you want, when you want. When you are out of macros.. stop eating.
Susan cannot be bothered with learning about macro counting. She wants the same food every day.
While Susan rocked her meal plan all week, she couldn’t even look at another piece of chicken on the weekend. She ate wings (that’s chicken..???) and had alcohol. Now she’s upset because she didn’t lose any weight this week at check in. With macro counting, Susan “could have” made a plan for the weekend earlier in the week and still hit her macro goals for the whole week and lost weight. but.. she just “couldn’t be bothered”.
Restrictive diets produce rebound effect in over 80 percent of people. Restrictive diets work until they don’t.
Most clients do great for a finite amount of time. Then they either want something different or they stop altogether.
Your body counts macros whether you do or not. If you are fluffy, you are in a surplus. If you want to continue the diet roller coaster, pay for generic meal plans. Keep on going with that.
There are plenty of coaches who will hand you a cookie cutter no carb, no fat, paleo, sugar free, clean, baby food,
hgc, 21 day fixie, diet that has zero to do with YOU, your lifestyle, goals or likes/dislikes. Give them a check!!
Macro counting #IIFYM allows you to eat any style you want. If you “only eat clean” then eat clean. Just eat the appropriate amount of Protein, Fats, Carbs and fiber. Macro counting doesn’t SHAME you either if you drink beer while you are “totally paleo”. Namaste.. enjoy your food.
So.. if you want to actually problem solve your physique issues, the same way you would problem solve a leaky faucet, then you must learn how to eat for your physique goals.
The beauty of learning macro counting #IIFYM is
1. you always know how to do it. If you find yourself getting fluffy, you know how to dial it in.
2. You can enjoy events, eating food with friends without sacrificing your sanity and physique goals.
3. You can pick food that makes YOU HAPPY.
4. You don’t ever have to be bored.
5. You are not at the mercy of someone to ‘change your meals’ if you have a schedule change.
6. You can have interesting food daily. If it fits your macros.. you can enjoy it.
7. You don’t have to be perfect, just consistent!
8: this is a biggie You don’t have to post out on social media
“I’m so excited! My coach LET me have a cheat today!”
“My coach won’t let me have that.”
“My coach only LETS me eat spinach”.
“You can’t eat that, my coach said you won’t look right”.
“Fruit is not on my plan”.
When you are good at macro counting #IIFYM you begin to do intuitive dieting. Things begin to make sense and you come to know how to eat for your goals. It’s a transformation that creates positive changes. Many of us no longer feel the need to binge, because we don’t feel deprived. The roller coaster of diet/surplus stops and soon amazing changes happen to our health and body because we feed it.
SECRET! SHHHH. When you first beginbasic macro counting, simply start by tracking what you normally eat. See how your numbers look then tweak. The goal is to eat like YOU. As long as you fuel your workouts and hit your fiber, you can basically eat when you are hungry. If you need more of a certain macro, then either add more at each meal or have a flex bowl at the end of the day with your dangling macros.
If you need help.. join my Skype Marco University for Smart girls!
Saturdays at 8am Central time. For lifestyle, competitors and anyone who is interested in learning how to be successful at IIFYM. My clients/competitors are always FREE. If you want to come and are not a client.. it’s $50 and you get your own set of marcos based on your physique goals! click here for info and sign up
completely agree! I love IIFYM! on my prep I’ve become sick of chicken so I came up with a protein pancake recipe that has 3 carbs and I eat that for dinner! because who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner! HA!
AMEN!! Mind if I repost?