NOTE: IF YOU ARE MY CLIENT and are sent here.. please use this amazing tutorial to fix your pics in Trainerize. Please do not upload them until they are spot on. Please and thank you!! 🙂 AGAIN.. please read this.. the whole thing. Your coach will thank you.
No more selfies in the mirror!! GAH..
If you are on Team Sleek Body or Sleek Bikini Team you will need to follow this protocol.
So listen, I’m a selfie queen but I’m also a very busy coach. I do client checks ins all day and when I get crappy check in pictures it slows down everyone’s progress.
Even if you just take progress pictures for yourself or for your FB group, I’m going to teach you how to do the next level version so you can be a BOSS!
I have progress pics weekly from the last 5 years. I can look back and see how my body has changed. Even if I don’t see results right now, boy, you sure can see them as time passes.
By doing it with this technique, you will always be able to grab them and do a quick side by side!!
Reasons your check in pictures should be good.
1. All mirrors are not created equal. Some mirrors can make you look way leaner and that will throw off your coach’s plan!!
2. If you aren’t doing full body, head to toe with shoes, you are not showing your coach what the judges see!!
3. If you are lifestyle client and your pics are cut off, camera pointing down, foggy bathroom, can’t get the back view with the mirror.. you will slow your coach down.
4. Sleepy spouses don’t care about camera angles. We don’t need to bother them to help us. Let’s don’t ask our kiddos. Let’s don’t act like we can’t work our own phones. I promise…we have this!!
Show your coach your new photo skills!! If you are just shooting your own progress pics you will be so glad you learned this hack!
What I require from my lifestyle and bikini/figure athletes
Full body pictures, head to toes. Faces can be cut off for lifestyle.
Competitors are in heels and in their poses.
I also require a posing video from my prepping girls. This is much more accurate than mirror selfies!! So this method is simple because you will already have your video!
OK.. here we go..
So think about your pictures. I’m not hating on this lady but I return check in pics like this.
You can see progress but she could do better for herself and her coach. If she were posting this on, say her “fascia blaster” community she would get good feedback but this has some problems. I care about stuff like this because we work hard so let’s fix it and really see what’s going on.
1. The left side is HUGE compared to the other side. Things that are close to the camera look bigger.
2. You can’t see her thighs on the right side. You could switch the order of the pictures and tell everyone you did some magic booty grow tea to sell some product! We can’t see what’s happening so we need the full body and we need them both to be the same size!!
I expect this level of pictures from my clients so this is how it looks. Coach Lauren is perfect on her check ins every time.
Dani has two front poses you could use.
Here is exactly how you can do this quickly and easily so your pictures are always next level bomb!
Use a tripod or stack some shoe boxes on the dresser( we call this the South Side Tripod).
2. Set your phone to “CAMERA/VIDEO” and reverse the camera so you can see yourself in the screen.
3. Begin filming and walk way back so your full body is in the screen. If you can’t see your feet, back up. Back that train up. Trust me.
4. Hold your poses for a few seconds each. Do front, back and both sides.
5. Press STOP and go to your gallery so you can view the video.
6. Press PLAY then hit the ‘PAUSE’ . You will see a scroll on the bottom.
7. Begin to slowly scroll until you find the perfect shot.
8.Touch the screen to make the scroll vanish and Screen Capture that picture!
You can also use the pinch method to expand your physique to fill the whole screen!! Please!! If you have a lot of ceiling in your pictures.. fix it! You are my priority, so I need to see you fill the whole screen including your high heels!
When you do your side by sides in your collage app you will have the same poses and can make both sides symmetrical.
This is what I see. So I need these to be the same so I can scroll and see where changes need to be made.
ATHLETES: YOUR HEELS MUST BE IN THE PICTURE
1.Make sure your camera is not low and pointing up at you. Have it level for amazing results.
2. Wear the exact same thing in your pictures each time.
3. Shoot at the same time each week. My clients do their pics upon waking and after they use the rest room. They are at their dry weight which can help us keep the conditions somewhat consistent each time they shoot.
4. Lighting should be the same too if at all possible.
Benefits:This is going to save you the heart ache of having your guy have to get up early and take your pics. He doesn’t care about the quality but you can make sure it looks exactly right.
Many of our clients are shorter than their guys so we end up with cameras pointing down, feet and legs cut off. We are wicked smart.. we totally have this!
This is baby Iggy aka Bun Bun. He is very good at his poses.
I know you are working so hard!! Keep pushing.