It’s Friday and in my studio that means.. booty day.
This series will give you enough heat on the glutes to barbeque.
I use this series 2x per week after I’m done lifting. I do some glute work daily so this one
is pretty badazz!
The position on the bosu should be comfortable so you feel your hips open when you are draped over it.
Lean more forward and just squeeze. Don’t half ass squeeze. I mean squeeze like you have the winning
lottery check between your cheeks.
1. Froggies. Soles of feet together 8
2. Hamstring curls, press through heels 8
3. Heels up with bent knees 8
4. Same thing, but point your toes. 8
5. Straight legs, criss cross 8
6. Straight legs up down 8
We do several minutes of this. You will call 911 because you’re your glutes are on Fiah!
If don’t have a bosu, I also can use those big Dynamax balls .
12 Weeks out. Must keep focused on those glutes.
Are you looking for a finisher to lift your booty and make it more peachy?
This is my version of the ‘reverse hyper’.
This can be done on a stability ball but I find that most of my clients tend to
fling their legs up and down and miss the actual glute work. I see so much lower back
work when they fling. This version uses the BOSU so you can be on your elbows to stabilize.
Position yourself with the Bosu right on your Britney area. If you go to low or high, you’ll be imbalanced.
I just want to squeeze my glutes over and over.
Squeeze them, like you are holding the winning lottery ticket between your cheeks.
You can change the tempo and the angles like I did in the video.
You are going to burn so don’t stop at 3×10 because you know you need at least 3×25!
I do some version of this every other day. I will swap this in with a booty plank series on opposite days.
Oh man, how many times do I get in the gym and see a women holding a heavy kettle bell rocking this side bend move.
“Why do you like that weighted side bend exercise?”
“So I can lose weight from my belly.”
I train women primarily, and have for the last 3 decades. I know how
my clients want to look and I have never incorporated this move and I never will.
My clients are women who want to look great in their clothes, smaller waist and flat tummies. They are not bulking or training for body building shows. So if you are ‘that woman’…
Let me break it down for you quickly.
1.You cannot lose belly fat by doing a specific exercise.
2. This lateral weighted move can increase the girth of your waist.
3. There are better moves to give you the definition you want.
Get your food right
1. Priority: You can have great ab muscles but you may never get to see them if your body fat is too high. Abs are made in the kitchen. Your meal plan IS the most important part of your ab success.
Look like a girl
2. Women have beautiful curves. We have a natural sweep in from the back to the waist and this move has the potential to thicken that up. On that note, stay away from the ab machines in the gym too. The weighted rotation machine and the weighted crunch machine are great if you desire a thicker trunk. However, most women do not want abs that look like fun-sized candy bars. Sporty girls, might like the idea of a thick boyish body, and that’s ok. But I don’t, so I’m going to keep my ab training techniques reflecting the look I want. I want sexy, girl curves.
Tell me how 3. There are better ways to train your abs and get great results. I am a huge believer in pilates and find that it creates the most incredible abs. If you want to seek out pilates, there are great videos on youtube to get you going. Women do not need to do, what I call “meathead” abs. Hanging with chains, loaded machines etc are totally unnecessary. But think about this, Med ball slams engage the core. Any work done on a Bosu is core-centric. Planking is phenomenal. You can spend a portion your workouts doing core-centric movement and add pilates a few times a week to create beautiful lines without the bulking potential.
In pilates we use rotation and I stand by that. Instead of side to side movement as is demonstrated in the above picture, we train the obliques by trunk rotation. Movements like wood chops-low to high with a stability ball or the pilates criss cross movement are demonstrations of trunk rotation.
Check out my pilates 5 video below for amazing results!
Work smart on your core and get your food right. Soon you will see the beautiful, sleek abs you want!!